Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's Finally Happened...

Ok, so I took a break from posting for a while for the simple fact that I could not have anything positive to post. However, things have changed over the last week and now I have good news. Well for starter, I HAVE A JOB!!!! Yes, I finally have a job. The only thing is the job is out of state in Dallas, Texas. I had to finally take the step and look out of state for work to get what I needed and to be able to work quickly. I had applied for a few jobs, and in the first day of interviews I scored 2 offers. I accepted one and they already wanted me to start the next Monday. I still had 3 interviews left, and decided to interview for 2 more of them just to see what they had to offer. Now the sad part about starting the job Monday is, I did not get the chance to say good bye to family and friends, and my trip home at the end of the month is going to be in and out just to get my things. My next trip home will be sometime after Christmas when the retail holiday season is over. So, until then I will be looking forward to new friends and new adventures in a new state.

Now since I have been in TX I have done some exploring on my own. I went to several different malls and did lots of apartment searching. Also, just a Little myth I want to clear up...I have not seen 1 cowboy hat or 1 pair of cowboy boots. I am sure they're out there some where, but not everyone wears this stuff, lol. Also, the men here have a much nicer approach to woman the the Grand Rapids men. No offense to my male friends that got it together, but I don't get so called "Hollered" at here. They simply say hello and make simple, polite comments. Other them that, I did not realize how much people in MI are rude, it is such a more friendly atmosphere out here. One thing that I am going to have to get use to is the storms here. Good lord, each thunderstorm has been like a tornado, but I guess it's just normal here. I on the other hand was a little unsure with the 60mph wind, hail, and power outages. New state new weather, I'll still take it over the harsh MI winter weather. However, I'm lovein it :)

Now I am getting ready to move to my new apartment in 2 day and I am excited. However, I will be living on a floor with an air mattress, and my suitcases for 3 weeks till I can go back home. I am excited to get settled and live normal, but I am willing to sacrifice for the right changes in my life. I will still have my phone, scrapbooking, and laptop to hold me over till then.

I am excited for all the new changes in life and looking forward to what life in Texas has to offer. I am so glad that I had to go through what I did to get here, because it only made me stronger, and believe harder. The verse I lived by through my rough period, "For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:10-12. God is good and has a plan for you, but to remember he does not go by you timeline, and he knows what you need and when you need it.

That's all I have for now, and will continue to keep you posted on my transitions in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment